Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Marisols cat

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The cover of Marisols book shows a bluepoint
    Himalayan ( could also be a Birman or Ragdoll). The cat shown with the accessory set looks like a sealpoint . I wonder how they will describe hin in the book?
    At least it looks more like a cat than Licorice.

  2. #2
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Shows what I know about cats! LOL I thought the website cat looked like a siamese!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member brisingamen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <GRIN> A Sealpoint -is- a type of Siamese.

    Siamese come several colors:

    Sealpoint which is a deep seal brown points (can be black on some cats) with a cream colored body.

    Bluepoints -- silvery grey points on a blue-white body.

    Lilacpoint -- mauve gray with a white body.

    Flamepoint -- orange-red with a cream colored body.

    Chocolatepoint -- chocolate brown on a cream body.

    Lynx-point -- can be any of the 'point' colors but the points are bands of stripes like a tabby cat. You often see this in Flamepoint.

    There is also a long haired Siamese, which is called the Balinese. Same colors as the Siamese, just a silky long coat. (I have both types at home.)

    Lori, Felicity & Willow

  4. #4
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks Lori! LOL See I told you I didn't know anything! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member brisingamen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I don't mind getting a chance to talk about some of my favorite kittys!

    My Mom used to breed Siamese and Balinese -- they have the most beautiful blue eyes...

    And the shade of blue varies from cat to cat -- from vivid sapphire blue, to an icy steel blue that is almost colorless; to an aquamarine or turquoise blue that reminds me of the Pacific Ocean.

    These are very vocal beasties, and the Siamese voice is distinctive. (But I like a cat that talks back!) They are *very* smart. (Check out the Siamese in Disney's original (1960s) versions of _The Incredible Journey_ or _That Darn Cat_.)

    I'll be interested to see what breed the book says he is -- I know he's not a Birman, because his paws aren't white. (The Birman adds white gloves and spats to the Siamese coloring.)

    Wouldn't be surprised if he's a Himalayan (Siamese colors, Persian face and body) but since he appears to have a short coat in the AG pictures I'm betting he's Siamese...

    Lori, Felicity & Willow

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Poor Licorice. If they'd done a decent job with her (including a better name!), she could have looked like my cat. As it is, she looks in furson like a hairy black pig. A little girl in the seat next to me at the AG Revue had one that was obviously brand new. I couldn't believe how ugly it was! I'm going to pretend that the cat who comes with Marisol is a Raggedy Cat because they have similar markings and are very fluffy.

  7. #7
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Lori when I was a kid I loved them for the blue eyes and another Disney movie, Lady and the Tramp. I loved how ornery and conniving they were getting Lady into trouble.

    DD and DM walk around sometimes singing "We are siamese, if you please" And of course they add the little rump shake! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oooo yes. The rump shake is the least of it! My grandparents had a Siamese cat, about 8 pounds soaking wet. I remember my grandmother trying to get the cat off the tops of the drapes with a broom! When my grandfather got sick, this little monster jumped on the doctor's back and drew blood through 4 layers of tweed jacket, sweater, shirt and undershirt! Just darling.

    Ragdoll cat is what I meant. I hope the new kitty is a Ragdoll cat! Pretty markings like Siamese but a much more laid-back purrrrsonality.

  9. #9
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    LOL Sakurako, "just darling"

    I love anything with purrsonality! LOL [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 27, 2004 03:20 PM: Message edited by: monimarine ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member lovethosedolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Definetly going to get. I always wanted one of these cats and getting Marisol's is probably the closets I'm going to get to one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •